Fatality of Numbers
Coincidences of Dates
Some coincidences of dates are very remarkable.
- The name Loys de Bourbon contains 13 letters; so does the name Anne d'Austriche. (Up to Louis XIII all the kings of this name spelled Louis as Loys.)
- Louis was 13 years old when this marriage was decided on; Anne was the same age.
- He was the thirteenth king of France bearing the name of Louis, and she was the thirteenth infanta of the name of Anne of Austria.
- William I, William II, Henry I; then followed the revolution of Stephen.
- Henry II, Richard I, John; invasion of Louis, Dauphin of France, who claimed the throne.
- Henry III, Edward I, Edward II, who was
dethroned and put to death.
- Edward III, Richard II, who was dethroned.
- Henry IV, Henry V, Henry VI; the crown passed to the house of York.
- Edward IV, Edward V, Richard III; the crown claimed and won by Henry Tudor.
- Henry VII, Henry VIII, Edward VI; usurpation of Lady Jane Grey.
- Mary I, Elizabeth; the crown passed to the house of Stuart.
- James I, Charles I; Revolution.
- Charles II, James II; invasion of William of Orange.
- William of Orange and Mary II, Anne; arrival of the house of Brunswick.
- George I, George II, George III, George IV, William IV, Victoria; the law has proved faulty in the last case, but certainly there was a crisis in the reign of George IV.